Pregnancy Massage is a wonderfully relaxing treatment that will support you whilst you are experiencing the many physical and emotional changes taking place during this special time. The massage gives you the opportunity to take time out from a busy and demanding life schedule, leaving you feeling relaxed, nurtured and uplifted. This is important since your health and well-being has an impact on the baby’s development: a relaxed, calm mother will make the growing baby feel secure with decreased stress hormones passing into the baby’s system.
Pregnancy Massage has many physical benefits and has also shown to be formative for both babies and their parents, establishing patterns of intimacy and sociality for life.
The Pregnancy Massage treatment at Orange Therapies comprises of a range of soothing massage techniques aimed to relax but also address muscle tension as well as ease some common pregnancy issues such as oedema and a sluggish digestion.
All oils used during the treatment are certified organic, vegan and safe to use during pregnancy.
Benefits of Pregnancy Massage
Studies at the University of Miami School of Medicine indicate that the use of pregnancy massage over just 5 weeks leads to a shorter and better labour with fewer complications for the newborn.
- Improves circulation and oxygenation of the soft tissues, and thereby oxygen and nutrients delivery to the foetus.
- Aids lymphatic drainage, eliminating toxins and reducing oedema.
- Helps avoid varicose veins developing.
- Helps to keep blood pressure balanced.
- Reduces muscle tension, back pain and leg aches.
- Reduces joint pain and sciatic nerve pain common in later pregnancy.
- Aids a sluggish digestive tract, helping to avoid haemorrhoids and constipation.
- Improves relaxation and sleep.
- Decreases the stress hormones (cortisol) and therefore lowers anxiety.
- Increases the feel-good hormones (serotonin and dopamine) thus improving mood and leaving you with a sense of well-being.
At Orange Therapies we are qualified to provide massage in your fist trimester as long as there are no contraindications. Please do get in touch before booking to see if massage is not advisable for you. Upon booking a treatment you will be asked to complete and return a pre-treatment check list and release form.
- 75 minutes – £60 full body including scalp and feet
- 60 minutes – £45 full body excluding feet
- 45 minutes – £40 back, shoulders, neck and arms
- Packages for 3 bookings or more are available, please inquire.
- Gift vouchers available
Dad to be
Future fathers also need support during this exciting and possibly uncertain time. At Orange Therapies we offer relaxing and soothing soft tissue therapy such as Swedish or Deep Tissue Massage and Reflexology treatments to de-stress and uplift dads to be.
You might be able to claim your treatment fees if you or your spouse are receiving health insurance. Please check with your insurance first.
Cancellations made less than 24 hours notice of your booked appointment time will incur a charge of the full fee of your scheduled treatment. No shows or no notice cancellations will also be charged the full cost of the treatment.