I started Orange Therapies in 2006 following from my personal experience in receiving beneficial complementary therapies to help rehabilitate my shoulder injury. I quickly realised that although the body has the ability to heal itself, at times it needs professional help.
The treatment that I received had a huge positive effect on my life and I became pain free!
Now I am passionate about helping others with the treatments that I offer as well as remedial exercises to take home, so you can help yourself.
I am also a yoga teacher offering private and group yoga classes for mixed abilities.
My qualifications include:
- Level 5 BTEC Professional Diploma in Clinical Sport & Remedial Massage Therapy – LSSM
- ITEC Diploma in Holistic Massage – Morley College, London
- Practitioners Diploma in Myofascial Release & Deep Tissue Massage with Art Riggs
- Medical Acupuncture / Dry needling & IASTM (Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilisation – OMT Training, London
- Oncology Massage Practitioner Diploma – MSCM
- Seated Acupressure Massage – The London School of Traditional Massage
- ITEC Diploma in Reflexology – Central Sussex College, Crawley
- Reiki 1st & 2nd Degree
- 250 hr Hatha Yoga Teacher – Yoga Akasha, East Grinstead
- First Aid Certificate
I am a member of the Institute of Sport & Remedial Massage, one of the UK’s largest professional therapist association, recognised by the Complementary & Natural Healthcare Council which is the government backed regulatory body for the industry. Every year I take part in workshops to keep abreast with current studies and the latest findings in the industry. I have taken part in anatomy studies on cadavers with Prof. Ceri Davies, Professor of Anatomy at Imperial College London and lately I attended a workshop on shoulder assessment and rehabilitation with Adam Meakins, specialist sport physiotherapist.
I work alongside osteopaths, chiropractors, physiotherapists, hypnotherapists, dieticians and other practitioners. Should I feel that you would benefit more from a different modality than what I can offer, I will not hesitate to refer you onto the appropriate specialist.
When I am not working I am either in the sea swimming, paddle boarding or trying to catch waves, otherwise practicing yoga and of course planning my next travel.