Following the birth of your child, post natal massage can be invaluable for helping your body to recover from labour. This positive and nurturing treatment provides much needed care and time for yourself. Post Natal massage helps reduce the feeling of heaviness and exhaustion as the body adjust to all the hormonal and physical changes.
Benefits of Post-Natal Massage
- Helps the body recover from labour by working on the blood and lymphatic circulation, which promotes healing and brings the body back into homeostasis.
- Aids the recovery of muscle tone in the abdominal and pelvic area and reduces soreness in tender areas.
- Working on caesarean scar tissue reduces adhesions and swelling. It also improves circulation to the site thus supporting the healing process.
- Provides nurturance and gives you time out.
- Provides emotional support in a safe and warm environment.
- Alleviates depressive symptoms.
- Reduces pain.
- Reduces stress hormones.
- Improves immune function.
Please note that if you have experienced complications or undergone caesarean section during the labour, I might need approval from your healthcare professional before commencing post-natal massage. All oils used during the treatment are certified organic, vegan and safe to use during breastfeeding.
- 60 minutes – £45 full body including abdomen and c section scar treatment
- 45 minutes – £40 back, shoulders, arms and neck including abdomen and c section scar treatment
- Packages for 3 bookings or more are available, please enquire.
- Gift vouchers available
What about dad?
He too can benefit from a massage or Reflexology treatment to help him settle in his new important role as father. Choose from Deep Tissue Massage, relaxing Swedish Massage or Reflexology therapy to help take time off, reduce stress and feel reinvigorated.
You might be able to claim your treatment fees if you or your spouse are receiving health insurance. Please check with your insurance first.
Cancellations made less than 24 hours notice of your booked appointment time will incur a charge of the full fee of your scheduled treatment. No shows or no notice cancellations will also be charged the full cost of the treatment.